Applications for 2023 awards will be open November 10 through December 20, 2022
The SCCAP Diversity Committee is pleased to announce our request for applications for the Diversity Professional Development Awards (DPDA). The goal of the DPDA is to provide educational and professional experiences to SCCAP members from diverse groups. This award intends to provide awardees the opportunity to gain new skills, to increase their professional network, and to promote their professional development by presenting at or attending professional conferences (online or in person). This award is also designed to increase attendance at the annual APA conference or a division co-sponsored conference (e.g., Future Directions Forum, Miami International Child and Adolescent Mental Health conference). Other conferences will be considered with a written justification of how the proposed conference will advance your professional career.
Eligibility Criteria: Applications will be evaluated based on the specified financial need and benefit of attending the conference on the applicants’ professional development. Although you do not need to be a presenter to apply for this award, priority will be given to applicants who are presenting at the conference.
- This award is open to graduate students from diverse groups (e.g., ethnic and racial, sexual and gender diversity, individuals with a disability) enrolled an APA, PCSAS, and/or CPA accredited master and doctoral level programs or Early Career Psychologists (ECP; no more than 5 years since earning your doctorate).
- Applicants must be a member of SCCAP. SCCAP is free to join for students and post-docs. (https://sccaporg/join/).
- Eligible educational opportunities must occur in the 2023 calendar year (1/1/23 – 12/31/23). If the event occurs prior to the award announcement, funds may be used for retroactive reimbursement.
- If you have questions about eligibility criteria or other parts of the application process, please contactSCCAP@SCCAPorg
Award: Up to fifteen $300 awards are available to support professional development activities for graduate students or ECP. Due to public concerns, if travel is not required funding may be used to attend virtual opportunities. These funds will cover enrollment fees for webinars, classes, or conferences. If selected the awardee will be required to submit conference receipts for registration and travel to receive award funds. Conference Registration prior to award announcement is not required.
- Application will be open: 11/10/22
- Application will be due: 12/20/22
- Announcements to awardees will be sent on or before: February 28, 2022.
Applications are due by Dec 20, 2022 before 5:00 pm EST for the 2023 Award cycle. If you have questions about eligibility criteria or other parts of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference Registration prior to award announcement is not required.
SCCAP encourages and welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds with respect to age, ethnicity, disability, gender, geography, nationality, race, religion, and sexual orientation.
Nuri Reyes, Ph.D., SCCAP Diversity Committee, Awards Chair
Omar Gudino, Ph.D., SCCA Diversity Committee Chair
APPLICATION PERIOD FOR 2023 IS CLOSED