Current projects include:
- A mentorship program that partners undergraduates/graduates interested in clinical child and adolescent psychology careers with graduate students/early career professionals in the field
- Professional development and networking events at the annual APA conference
- Annual student achievement awards given to five students (undergraduate and graduate) in recognition of their contributions to the field (in research and clinical practice)
- A bimonthly column on the SCCAP website highlighting different career trajectories that can be found here
- SCCAP social media management and advertising
- An annual webinar focused on applying to clinical internships
The Student Development Committee also manages a student listserv, and supplies the SCCAP website with student-focused content.
Student Development Committee Members
The Current Members of the Student Development Committee are:
Join the SCCAP Student Development Committee
Each year, the SCCAP Student Representatives accept applications for the Student Development Committee (SDC; formerly the Student Advisory Board). The deadline each year is October 31.
The SDC is the student representative group of SCCAP. The SDC is responsible for initiatives geared toward supporting student development for individuals at all stages in their career trajectories, including undergraduate and graduate students, and postdoctoral scholars. Current SDC projects include a mentorship program that partners mentees (undergraduates/graduate students) interested in clinical child and/or adolescent psychology careers with mentors (graduate students/early career psychologists) in the field; professional development and networking events at the APA conference; a bi-monthly column on the sccap53.org website highlighting different career trajectories; annual achievement awards given to five students in recognition of their research and clinical contributions to the field; and an annual webinar focused on applying to clinical internships. The SDC also manages the SCCAP student listserv and supplies the sccap53.org website with student-focused content.
SDC Member Responsibilities:
- SDC positions are two-year terms and run from January through December (preference is given to students who will not have graduated from their doctoral program during their two-year term)
- Participate in monthly conference calls
- Take initiative in leading one of the SDC sub-committees: APA Programming, Career Column, Student Achievement Awards, Mentorship Program, New Publicity/Social Media Sub-Committee
Applicants must be members of SCCAP as well as doctoral students in APA-accredited OR CPA-accredited psychology programs. If you have any questions regarding the application or eligibility, please email the student representatives at Studentlistserv@sccap53.org. The letter of recommendation should be sent to Studentlistserv@sccap53.org directly by the applicant’s advisor/supervisor.