The SCCAP Board of Directors is very pleased to announce the recipients of the inaugural Child Mental Health in Action Awards. We were excited to receive many applications that proposed diverse ways of improving child and adolescent mental health and that were well-aligned with the SCCAP mission to support the development and advancement of clinical child and adolescent psychology through integration of its scientific and professional aspects. Keep an eye on the newsletter and follow us @_SCCAP for updates!
Please join us in congratulating the 2020 Child Mental Health in Action Award Recipients (in alphabetical order):
- “Development of a web-based DBT caregiver skills group for an acute-care adolescent inpatient unit” – Madeline McGee, Ema Saito, Alison Tebbett-Mock
- “Disseminating the Resilience Builder Program® in Schools” – Mary Alvord, Colleen Cummings, Brendan Rich
- “The Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology Future Directions Forum: Providing Professional Development Training for Early Career Scientists, and Showcasing Interdisciplinary Research in Youth Mental Health” –Andy De Los Reyes, Lauren Keeley, Hide Okuno
- “Keeping the Assessment Center Up, Running, and Improving” – Eric Youngstrom, Joshua Langfus, Lizzie Wilson
- “Leadership Education to Advance Diversity Institute” – SCCAP Diversity Committee
- “The Leadership In Action program”– Erlanger Turner, Amber Hewitt, Alfonso Merca
- “Little Unicorn Project: A Family-Based Supportive Intervention for LGBTQ* Children” – Alexandra Bettis, Jessica Peters, Elana Rosenberg
- “The Miami International Child & Adolescent Mental Health Conference” – Jonathan Comer, Rosanna Castro
We look forward to the next round of applications – please keep an eye out for the funding call later this year. For more information about the program, please visit our website.