SCCAP is seeking nominations for four board positions. Candidates must have a strong commitment to the SCCAP mission and have the available time to successfully accomplish the tasks defined for the specific position.
All positions assume responsibility on January 1, 2020.
- Each term runs for three years (2020-2022). In addition to the responsibilities listed below each board member is expected to participate in monthly conference calls and attend two Board of Directors meetings per year.
- All candidates must be a member of the Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology (Division 53) and APA.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- E-mail your vita, headshot, and personal statement about your interest in the position and SCCAP to SCCAPDiv53@gmail.com.
- Deadline for nomination submissions are to SCCAP by January 15, 2019
Personal statements and headshots of the official slate will be posted to the SCCAP53.org elections page.
SCCAP encourages and welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds with respect to age, color, creed, disability, gender, geography, nationality, race, religion, and sexual orientation.
- President-Elect (2020):
The President-Elect has a term of three (3) years sequentially serving as President-Elect(2020), President(2021) and Past President(2022). The President-Elect shall be a member of the Board of Directors, shall appoint a Program Co-Chair and Student Representative, and performs duties traditionally assigned to a Vice-President to assist with steering the society. During the president -elect year a presidential initiative will be selected. The President-Elect must be a member of both SCCAP and APA.
- Member-at-Large, Practice and Science ( term 2020-2022):
This Member-at-Large chairs the Practice Committee and shall appoint all Committee members. The Committee shall monitor professional developments and review ethical issues pertaining to child and adolescent psychology, administer the Practice Corner, sponsor practice related webinars, create Practice related content for the websites and newsletter, and administer the Practice committee awards. MAL must be member of both SCCAP and APA.
- Treasurer (term 2020-2022):
The Treasurer shall oversee the custody of all membership funds and property of SCCAP, oversee receipt of all funds to SCCAP, direct disbursements as provided under the bylaws, oversee the Director of Operations financial bookkeeping, prepare the annual budget in consultation with the President and Board of Directors, create annual reports, review, negotiate and sign all contracts, oversee the tax filing, and ensure the annual budget is not exceeded. The treasurer must be a member of both SCCAP and APA.
- Representatives to APA Council ( term 2020-2022)
Representatives to APA Council must be Members or Fellows of SCCAP and members of APA. They are elected for three (3) year terms. The Representative to APA Council shall perform those duties required of Representatives to APA Council as specified in the Bylaws of APA. They shall be responsible for advising the Board of Directors about significant matters of business scheduled to come before APA Council. They shall also be responsible for informing the Board of Directors of significant actions taken by APA Council. APA Council Representatives will sit on committees as appointed by the SCCAP president.