The Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology/APA Division 53 is committed to the development of its student members and we are proud to offer the Donald Routh Dissertation Grants.
The Routh Dissertation Grant provides support for student research that shows promise to add significantly to the research literature in the area of clinical child and adolescent psychology. Up to four $2,500 grants will be awarded annually.
- The student must have a dissertation project that has been approved by their advisor and their program faculty at the time of submission of the application.
- The applicant must be a student member of SCCAP and enrolled in an APA- or CPA-approved doctoral program at the time of application.
- A completed online application (below)
- Please include in a single PDF:
- A brief proposal (5-page maximum, double-spaced, references are not included in the page limit), describing the project’s purpose, procedures, and proposed data analytics strategy.
- A copy of the student’s CV.
- A budget (1-page maximum, double-spaced) describing how the funds will be used. The funds are unrestricted provided that they support the execution of the dissertation project.
- One recommendation letter from a supervising faculty member/mentor documenting his/her support for the student’s research, the student’s potential, and any existing resources available for the student’s research. The recommendation letter may be included in the uploaded single PDF file, or may be e-mailed separately to RouthAward@sccap53.org.
Deadline January 14, 11:59pm Eastern Time. The grant announcement will be made in May. The grants will be announced in the SCCAP newsletter, listserv and website, and at APA’s Annual Convention. Successful applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a poster based on their completed dissertation to a SCCAP sponsored conference or the APA Convention.
Please feel free to contact Dr. Meghan Miller, Routh Dissertation Grant Chair, with any questions at RouthAward@SCCAP53.org.