Current projects include:
- A mentoring program that partners undergraduates interested in clinical child and adolescent psychology careers with graduate students in the field
- A speed-mentoring event at APA for students to speak with senior clinical child and adolescent psychologists
- A bimonthly column on the SCCAP website highlighting different career trajectories that can be found here.
- An achievement award given to four students in recognition of their contributions to the field
The Student Advisory Committee also manages a student listserv, and supplies the SCCAP website with student-focused content.
Student Advisory Committee Members
The Current Members of the Student Advisory Committee are:
Join the SCCAP Student Advisory Committee
All SCCAP student members are encouraged to apply for a position on the SCCAP Student Advisory Committee (SAC). SAC members serve for a two-year term that runs with the calendar year (i.e., beginning in January). SAC members take an active role in leading student programming, and are encouraged to generate new ideas for programming and resources. If you know someone who would make a great candidate for the SAC, please pass along this information and encourage them to apply for a position. This is a great opportunity for a graduate student to serve the division and gain leadership experience at a national level. Please see below for specifics about applying. The deadline for applying is September 30th, 2018.
- Must be student member of SCCAP
- Must be enrolled in an APA-approved doctoral program in psychology with an emphasis on child/adolescent psychology for the duration of the 2-year term
- Email the following to the SCCAP Student Representative (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Contact information (full name, email, phone, address)
- Copy of your CV or resume
- Letter of recommendation from your primary mentor (Must be emailed by mentor directly)
- Short statement (1-2 pages) indicating your interest in serving on the SAC
- Highlight how you would like to contribute to the division and to the SAC
Applications are accepted from June to Sept 30th the following year of service.
Please contact the Student Representative at email@example.com with any questions.