Our speaker is Mary A. Fristad, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, and our moderator is Brian Chu, PhD.
This webinar will review:
1) current rates of anxiety and depression in adolescents;
2) normative adolescent development;
3) characteristics of social media;
4) current use of social media by adolescents;
5) research findings on the impact of social media on adolescent mental health. Then, prevention strategies, with a focus on “healthy habits”, including social media guidelines, good sleep hygiene, healthful eating, sufficient exercise, and meditation/prayer will be discussed.
This webinar was hosted by the Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, Division 53 of the American Psychological Association.
About the Speaker
Dr. Fristad is Professor and Vice Chair for Research and Academic Affairs in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health at the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (OSUWMC); she also holds appointments in Psychology and Nutrition. Her research focuses on assessment and treatment of mood disorders in children; she has published over 200 articles, chapters, books, and workbooks for parents, children and clinicians.
American Psychological Association Division 53: Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Division 53 maintains responsibility for this program and its content. For registration questions, contact Sonja Wiggins, MBA, APA Division Services Office, at email@example.com or 202-336-5590.