Toggle Menu

Join/Renew

seeking care for 79 year old male for grief couseling

HomeLatest ActivityForumsReferral Requestsseeking care for 79 year old male for grief couseling

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar baauslan@utmb.edu 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    baauslan@utmb.edu
    Participant

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>Hello friends,</span>

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”> </span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>I hope all is well.  I am reaching out to you all, because you have been such a great resource for me in the past.  I am looking for recommendations for therapists in Birmingham, Alabama for a 79 year old male.  He lost his wife of 50 years 3 years ago and as you can imagine has struggled to cope with the loss.  While he functions fairly well on his own –goes on social outings with church friends and exercises some, he seems stuck (for lack of a better word); he remains fixated on the memories of his wife – e.g., creating videos of old pictures of her and watching those daily.  I have encouraged him to seek grief counseling and in the past he declined.  Recently he said he thought it was time to seek care, so I thought I would post and ask for your thoughts.  I want to make sure he gets the best care possible.  If you have any recommendations, please feel free to share.  My email is baauslan@utmb.edu.  </span>

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”> </span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>Many Many thanks,</span>

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>Beth</span>

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>Beth Auslander, PhD</span>

baauslan@utmb.edu

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Quick Links